Written by Administrator
Monday, 01 November 2010 10:03
Your Village Tax Dollars at Work
- Police Protection – 24/7 patrols and the fastest response time in Erie County!
- Fire Protection – including First Aid response. The Kenmore Fire Department also has the fastest response time in Erie County. In addition, our fire department also provides service to parts of the Town of Tonawanda.
- Street Repair and Maintenance – The DPW repairs and maintains 39 miles of roads
- Water and Sewer Maintenance – The DPW inspects and maintains 120 miles of sewer lines and addresses water breaks.
- Street Snow Removal
- Street Lighting
- Full Street Reconstruction projects – Over $20 Million dollars have been invested in replacement of water and sewer pipes, and in the replacement of sidewalks, curbs and roads. This is more than any other municipality in Erie County.
- Trash & Garbage Pickup and Recycling, including “white items”
- Special assistance is provided to our residents who have physical limitations. The DPW will roll totes to and from the house.
- Zoning and Planning Boards focused on the needs of the Village and enforcement of Village zoning laws
- Village Code – maintained and updated regularly to address the specific needs of our community.
- Notary Public – There are 3 available to assist you in the Clerk/Treasurer’s Office
- Registrar services – Birth and death records that took place in the Village are available through the Clerk/Treasurer’s Office.
- Tree Planting - Each year, the Village plants over 200 trees and harvests approximately 125.
- Tree Trimming and Removal
- Fall leaf collection
- Free mulch available to residents
- Holiday Decorating, including street lights and flags.
- Community Development Block Grant Program administered through the Clerk/Treasurer’s Office providing no-interest loan assistance to qualified residents for home repairs.
- Walking building inspections
- Rodent Prevention Program designed to educate the public, address complaints as quickly as possible and keep the rodent population under control.
- Extended hours of operation for the Village Clerk/Treasurer’s Office – opened 8 – 5:30 M-F.
- Government meetings held twice per month, with some held at other public venues to allow greater access to government officials.
Your Town/County Tax, received in January, does not include a tax for these services.